Help & Support

Could you be exempt from water charges? See if your charity or sports group qualifies.

Who can apply?

If you’re a charity registered with the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) or a Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC) with an income of below £300,000 per year, good news, you can apply for help with your water and wastewater bills. This support has been available since April 2015.

How do I apply?

You must apply by 31st March each year, by completing and returning the application form (PDF download). If you’re successful you’ll receive full or partial support depending on your application. If you apply after 31st March, your exemption will start from the following 1st April.  Please remember you need to reapply each year to keep receiving support.

What are the exceptions?

We’re afraid support is not available for charities and CASCs which:
  • Hold a permanent license to sell alcohol on their premises.
  • Is a charity shop or other premise which sells new or second hand goods.
  • Is a café regularly open to the public to generate income (this excludes canteens provided by the charity for its volunteers).
  • Is a local authority or an Arms-length External Organisation.
Want to know more? You can take a look at the Scottish Government website or contact us.
Stay ahead of the game with our informative newsletter
Don’t worry we'll never share your details with anyone else

Enter your details below