Here are our unmeasured business charges for the United Utilities region.
If you used to be a United Utilities business customer and you’ve not got a water meter then your bill is usually based on the charging value of your premises. There’s also a standing charge added on to this.
You can see the tariffs effective from 1 April 2021 in our charges at a glance 2021/22 or the full scheme of charges 2021/22.
If you need to check the prices for 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021 you can here.
Got a question? Contact us
online and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Here’s how we work out your charges
Water supply charges
This is the charge for all of the water supplied to your premises, it has 2 parts:
- A charge based on the size of your premises.
- An annual standing charge that covers the cost of us providing services like sending bills and dealing with enquiries.
This is the charge for collecting and cleaning up your wastewater, it has 3 parts:
- Foul drainage – taking away your wastewater.
- Surface water drainage – taking away the rainwater that falls on your premises and drains into the sewer.
- Highways drainage – taking away the rainwater that falls on the public highways and drains into the sewer.
Changes from this year's water price review
Due to changes made by your wholesaler and industry regulator OFWAT in this year’s price review, you might notice some differences in your bill from April 2021.
Here’s a summary of what’s changed, and what that means for you:
Places of worship
In line with normal yearly increases, the unmeasured charge for places of worship has gone up. This is part of an ongoing process to bring the wholesale charges for places of worship in line with other similar metered sites.
New unmeasured sewerage charge
There has been an introduction of site-based fixed charges for unmeasured wastewater. Fixed charges are set prices for providing your water services. They cover things like billing, meter reading and maintenance of the pipes that bring water to your property or take it away.
You can find out more about United Utilities' wholesale charges for 2021/22 here.