Help & Support

Do you have sites in Scotland? Here is some useful information for you.

Water Plus is a joint venture between United Utilities and Severn Trent Water, companies that have been in the water market for years. Between us we’ve put together a team of highly experienced water professionals, and experts from other industries, to ensure we have all the know-how to make buying water for your business easy.

If you’re based in Scotland or have sites in the region, you benefit from all of the usual Water Plus services but we also have to make you aware of some specifics that apply due to the regulations and market requirements in Scotland.  

Charging for vacant properties 

The Scottish Government has decided that from 1 April 2017, all businesses and non-domestic properties regardless of occupancy will be liable for water service charges where these are connected to services. This means that vacant properties will now be liable for charges in the same way as those that are occupied. The charges include those for all of the water and wastewater services to and from the property.

Click here for more info.

Provider of Last Resort (POLR)

In the event that a water provider is removed from the market, the Central Market Agency (CMA) is responsible for allocating a new provider to its customers in Scotland.

Water companies that have registered as a Provider of Last Resort (POLR) will be advised of the water supply points or SPIDS allocated to them by the CMA. This is an automatic process and the new water provider is responsible for informing its allocated customers that they are the new provider or supplier once the transfer of customers has taken place. Find out more here.

Need to give us some feedback?

We really value your feedback and if you’re dissatisfied at all we’d like to know. It’s usually good to talk first so please give us a call on 0345 072 6072, but if you’d rather email us please use  You can find more information about our complaints process here.  

Equally if you’re really pleased with something our team has done it would be great to hear from you. 

Water and wastewater issues

If you’re experiencing any issues with your water quality or water supply, then its best to speak to your wholesaler – as your site is in Scotland you need to contact Scottish Water, but if you believe it may be another wholesaler you can find details here.  

If you have a problem on your site, you’ve got a leak or you need emergency water supplies, please let us know so that we can help to get your problem fixed. Call 0345 072 6072

Scottish Water
Water & sewerage emergencies: 0800 0778 778

Deemed contracts in Scotland

Similarly to in England, Deemed Contracts also apply in Scotland.  They apply for customers who are receiving water and wastewater services and they haven’t negotiated a contract with a retailer. You can find more info here.

We’re here to help your business

We understand that all of these changes can be confusing so if you’d like to talk to one of our helpful advisors about your water account you can call us on 0345 072 6072 or contact us by filling in our online form.

Stay ahead of the game with our informative newsletter
Don’t worry we'll never share your details with anyone else

Enter your details below